File(s) not publicly available
Reason: Files to be uploaded
Part 1 and Part 4 - Questions for Participants
mediaposted on 2023-03-15, 19:58 authored by L.D. EsselinkL.D. Esselink, F. RoelofsenF. Roelofsen, Jakub Dotlaçil, Shani Mende-Gillings, Maartje de Meulder, Nienke Sijm, Anika Smeijers
These videos are questions for the participants in Part 1 and Part 4 of the survey. The prefix of the videos denotes to which part of the survey they belong.
- Videos for Part 1 of the survey comprised general demographic questions and questions regarding communication habits.
- Questions 1-3 below were derived from the participants name (video 1_123), as they had filled out these questions while signing up for participation.
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- Which region are you from?
- What is your mother tongue?
- How often do you use NGT?
- How often do you make use of an interpreter?
- How often do you communicate with people that do not use sign language, without making use of an interpreter NGT?
- How do you communicate with people that do not use sign language when an interpreter cannot be present?
- Videos for Part 4 of the survey are divided into two sets of questions. The first regarded the prototype avatar system:
- There has not been much research on avatar technology for translating text to sign language. Do you think this research should be continued and this technology should be developed further?
- In which situations do you think that avatar technology for translating text to sign language can help?
- The second set of questions pertained to the methodological set-up of the survey:
- Were the questions in this study clearly formulated?
- Were the questions in this study easy to answer?
- Would it have been easier to answer questions in NGT rather than in Dutch text? (only for the unguided group)
- Which aspects of the setup of the survey were pleasant?
- Which aspects of the setup of the survey could be improved?