File(s) under permanent embargo
Reason: Confidential data
Monitoring athletes, trainers, coaches and health professionals: Monitoring physical performance, agility and mental status in talented female athletes 2014-21015
datasetposted on 19.09.2018 by Angelo Richardson, Janine Stubbe, N.R. van Ulzen
Datasets usually provide raw data for analysis. This raw data often comes in spreadsheet form, but can be any collection of data, on which analysis can be performed.
- MATCH: Monitoring Athletes, Trainers, Coaches and Health professionals
- Knowledge of the epidemiology and severity of injuries and illness in young female elite athletes is lacking
- A monitor system (surveillance method) was developed for collecting data from questionnaires and physical tests
- The project resulted in several datasets (see reference to Figshare collection)
- Participants: 45 young elite Dutch female athletes participating in soccer (n=23) and basketball (n=22) talent development programs (CTO Amsterdam).
- Data collection: all athletes completed several physical, performance and agility tests (see fileset for more information) throughout the season 2014-2015. Additionally, basketball players completed a questionnaire with items on for example self-confidence, mental energy and behavior.
- Fileset contains three csv-files (one for soccer; two for basketball) and a pdf-file with details about the protocols used and a data dictionary.
- Because of the sensitive nature of the data, the fileset is confidential and will be shared only under strict conditions. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This study was funded by the Taskforce for Applied Research (SIA, reference number 1013-15-12P)
- Urban Vitality